Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter Wonderland

One of the many cool tips Ann Baldwin shared during her Art & Soul workshop is that the hardware store is one of the best places to find art supplies. As I walked through Home Depot today wondering what all I was breathing in, I thought of this. Ann says she loves it because there are so many neat things and because generally items are cheaper in hardware stores than in an art stores. (I certainly found this true with resin price comparisons.)

I agree that a hardware store can get your creativity flowing but sometimes even the specialty hardware stores can't supply the ribbon necessary to fulfill the holiday cravings. Craft stores are always great this time of year for such visual treats but last year I found my new favorite holiday paper/ribbon place: The Container Store. I discovered this holiday wrap mecca after seeing their Winter Wonderland advertised on a billboard. I thought, "Oh they'll have a few interesting rolls...probably something I've already seen a million times." But oh no. What I encountered instead was the mother load of Holiday ribbons, wrap, tissue paper, boxes etc. It was actually pretty overwhelming. But if at first you're overwhelmed just try going back 4 or 5 times. I know it did the trick for me.

No comments: