Saturday, October 27, 2012

Faces

I'm working on faces, and so far I've been trying to do at least 15 minutes a day (a la Anne Bagby.) I'm not yet where I want to be but oh how you can see progress if you work consistently.

Yes, I have a long ways to go, but it's fun to start playing with facial planes (so much learning to do) and pattern. I'm trying to incorporate fun elements into the more potentially frustrating elements. For example, I really need to keep working on the drawing and the painting of the face. That is fun but I have to fight through my own emotions about my current ability.

Pattern on the other hand is completely fun. There is no judgment. If I mess up I don't take it personally or as a verdict on my potential. So as I move forward with faces I'm trying to do both.

This is headband girl. I haven't named her yet beyond that. I'm glad that I started to try and add depth to her face instead of a flat face. This is one of those parts that really forces me through my own anxieties about learning to paint. As with most of the art I do, it's all in the value range of 1-4, but that is something that will get easier as I become more confident.

No comments: