Monday, June 02, 2008

Weekend Play

This project was going really well until the very end. It was suppose to be a congratulations card for some friends in a local play, but now we'll see. I got lazy with Claudine Hellmuth's Petroleum Jelly technique and didn't get it wiped up enough. I kept thinking if I just covered it with enough gel medium it would be OK. Nope. Bad instinct there.

I am excited about a few new techniques I'm trying. More on that later. In the mean time, if you don't have Claudine's books or DVDs they are certainly all INCREDIBLY helpful. (If you follow the instructions...ahem.) If I could find the rubbing alcohol I bought 2 days ago my night will be set.

1 comment:

LynnF said...

Hi Kelly! You posted at my blog, so I came over to yours...wonderful! And I had the same experience with Claudine's petroleum jelly technique, too. You have to wipe and wipe...even using the baby wipes doesn't take off enough with just one or two swipes. And I see you note Ann Baldwin, too...one of my favorites! Thanks for your comments and I'm going to keep tabs on your blog...lots of nice work here! Lynn