Thursday, March 15, 2007

Virginia Cobb: Day 1

Virginia* arrived last night and we got the cameras rolling this morning. I'm sitting in on the filming and while they don't need me this afternoon, I'm learning so much I hope they let me stay!

Virginia is an acrylic non objective painter. She uses everything from her brushes to squeegees to her hands to move color and create texture. There was one point where we watched through the cameras as she squeezed out a giant gob of cadmium red light and we all sort of held out breaths in fear. But it looks amazing. She's fearless!

Below are close ups from some of the paintings she's working on this morning. She does amazing work with texture (visual and physical)

*Update: Virginia's DVD, Acrylic Abstract Painting: The Evolving Image, is now available at Creative Catalyst Productions.



No comments: