Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Planning Cards

I'm currently midway through my Halloween cards (and probably realistically the only seasonal card I'm doing this year) and at some point I realized that something just wasn't working. The artists we film always suggest doing thumbnail sketches. Here are some of this weekend's thumbnails. Unfortunately for the Halloween card it meant adding cats! Those tails are hard to cut! (This is why I started so early, so that when I need to cut out a ton of cats, I have time. Yay!)

Now that I have all the pieces I'm realizing the color of my moon isn't working. I think it's too cool while everything else in the card is warm tones. I painted all the moons silver and I'm going to have to experiment with adding a little cream to the paint and see if it warms.


No comments: